5 Boat Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed
There are such a vast array of boat parts and accessories available these days that it can be difficult to tell which ones you’ll use regularly and which will sit to gather dust in the shed. At Edge Marine, we want to make sure you’re only buying tools that will enhance your boating experience and make your life easier. That’s why we’re the favourite sellers of marine parts in Cairns. We take care of our customers, so we’ve come up with a list of 5 items we believe every boating enthusiast or fisher should have o their vessel.
1. Depth Finder
A depth finder is one of those tools you don’t know you need until your boat is parked precariously on a sandbank, leaving you waiting until the tide changes to go. Running your boat aground can be prevented entirely through the use of a good quality depth tracker. The Simrad Go Series is a versatile piece of technology. It can…
- Track depth. The transom-mounted HDI Skimmer transducer delivers a crystal clear image of the ocean floor below you, allowing you to see any rises or sandbanks at all times.
- Find fish. The CHIRP technology enables you to detect fish beneath your boat while the DownScan Imaging sonar creates an image of fish-holding structure.
- Become a radar. The Simrad Go Series use HALO24 and HALO20+ pulse compression dome radars to deliver 360-degree sweeps every second at close range, allowing you to detect fast-moving or stationary targets up to 24nm away.
- Be a high-quality chartplotter. With built-in GPS technology, the Simrad Go Series gives you the freedom to plan your trip as easily as you would plan a road trip in Google Maps. You’ll have a huge range of Australian coastal charts at your fingertips, making navigation more effortless than ever.
2. Boat Trailer
It might seem like an obvious suggestion when it comes to boat parts and accessories, but you’d be surprised how many people get so caught up in the process of buying a boat that they forget they’re going to need a method of transport for this boat. It’s important to reserve some of your budget for a high-quality boat trailer.
At Edge Marine, we have boat trailers to suit any watercraft. Whether you have a tinnie, a leisure boat, or an alloy or fiberglass fishing boat, we have a trailer to suit. All of Edge Marine’s oceanic trailers have been upgraded to C-section, making them easy to clean and maintain, rust-resistant, and fully sealed for wiring and LED lighting. If on the off chance you can’t find a boat trailer for you, we offer custom-made trailers to suit your individual needs.
3. Accessories to Maintain Your Motor
When it comes to outboard motor and boat replacement parts, it’s important to speak with people who have plenty of experience in marine mechanics. At Edge Marine, our technicians have over 25 years of experience in the industry, so you can feel confident coming to us for advice, guidance, or boat replacement parts.
We’re also a fully authorised Suzuki Marine sales and service dealer for the Cairns region, so when it comes to Suzuki outboard motor maintainence, we can sell you genuine Suzuki parts and accessories. Some must-haves for maintaining your Suzuki motor are;
- Suzuki outboard motor covers. Whenever you’re not using your boat, your should be covering your outboard motor to protect the engine from dust and water.
- Suzuki 4 Cycle Engine Oil. When you’re checking and topping up your outboard motor’s oil, you’ll want to make sure you’re using the highest quality lubricant you can get. That’s why Suzuki oil is one of the many outboard motor accessories we stock.
- Flushing accessories. Every time you come in off the water you should be flushing your motor engine with fresh water to prevent corrosion and damage to the engine. Our Suzuki boat accessories include flushing attachments and muffs to make the process of flushing your motor simple and efficient.
4. Dry Box
A dry box is possibly one of the most underrated items you can have on your boat. These rugged polyethylene containers provide a water-tight casing for any gadgets, papers, mobile phones, or important items you need to keep dry. Unless you’ve put very heavy items in your dry box, it will float on water, ensuring your items remain safe and dry.
5. Portable Charger
Finally, a must-have boat accessory is the humble portable charger. Whether you need it for your rader, your chartplotter, your lighting, or your phone, carrying one with you at all times will give you peace of mind and security in times of emergency. If you’re at all worried about taking a charger out on the water, your dry box would be the perfect place to store it and keep it safe from the water, salt, and heat.
Why Choose Edge Marine For Your Boat Parts and Accessories?
For years Edge Marine have been a go-to provider of marine parts in Cairns. Our qualified technicians have over 25 years of experience in marine mechanics and have a genuine passion for providing great-quality service. They’re always more than happy ot have a chat and offer advice on boat parts and accessories, as each of our staff are boating and fishing enthusiasts themselves. If you’d like to see our full range of boat replacement parts and accessories, come on down and pay us a visit. Otherwise, you can contact us for more information.